Tuesday, April 1, 2008

who is Silky?


Several people have asked me who this "Silky" is that I refer to. Scott "Silky" H. is one of several high caliber human beings I have the good fortune to have in my life. Silky is one of the most caring, kind, and thoughtful people I have ever known. The man is a living, walking fountain of good energy. The photo above is from a 2001 charity bike ride we did from Amsterdam to Paris to raise funds for HIV vaccine research. I met Silky when we started training in Atlanta for this 500 mile bike ride . One of his first "official acts" in our friendship was to loan me his extra bike since I didn't have one at the time. I ended up using Silky's loaner to train and then (at his insistence) to do the entire European bike ride. He and his partner, Scott P. (on the left with the yellow hood), now have a beautiful daughter and may soon be the proud parents of a second child. Love my sunflowers!

No comments: