Thursday, May 6, 2010

video: the construction of the plunge pool on bliss beach


The Bliss Beach plunge pool (the first phase of the entire beach bar project) was my first major construction project. I designed the pool concept on my Mac using PhotoShop, and then socialized it with the Master Builder, Miguel Padilla. Then the hard work began! More than eight months of effort went into this project: preparing the site [at one point we hit a huge rock that took nearly 4 weeks of arduous labor to remove - see it at 1:06 mark], building the mold, the concrete pour, and then all the plumbing and finishing work. It was an amazing project in which I learned an incredible amount of new construction knowledge. I think the end result is simply fantastic! Paya Bay Resort, Roatan, Honduras.

No comments: