Wednesday, August 3, 2011

be deeply rooted within

The Mind.
To stay present in everyday life, it helps to be deeply rooted within yourself; otherwise, the mind, which has incredible momentum, will drag you along like a wild river.
- Eckhart Tolle

So true! The mind can suck us into a 'rabbit hole' in a millisecond! Common examples: "I'm not smart enough," "I'm not educated enough," "I'm not attractive enough," "He/She/They don't like me," "I'm not wealthy enough," "I'm not black enough," "I'm not tall enough," etc. Sometimes it can takes years to pull ourselves out of one of these bottomless mental 'black holes.' Many people spend an entire lifetime struggling to overcome one single thought. Way too many simply give up and accept some arbitrary and totally imaginary self-limitation(s). A classic example: "If I come out of the closet as a gay man/woman, I will lose all my friends and family. No one will ever accept me. My career will implode. I will be ostracized and cast aside." Crazy sh*t, isn't it? One of Tolle's wisest suggestions: "That voice in your head... that's not you. Who am I, then? The one who realizes that."

Rise above the voice in our head. It's a whole new level of living. Life 2.0.

No comments: