Wednesday, May 9, 2012

thinking of mom

My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- Mark Twain

I suspect the same goes for me and my mom. Despite our occasional "struggles," however, I don't think I've ever been inappropriately disrespectful to my mother (well... maybe once or four times as a teenager). Let's put it this way: she's never had to 'slap me down' for being disrespectful to her. In my current adult headspace, I would rather a thousand times 'lose the battle of the moment,' and walk quietly away from any mom-son confrontation, than be an insufferable jerk and make nasty, hurtful statements to a person for whom I hold such profound love and respect. I really, really don't think I have it in me to be jackass to this being of brilliant light who -- as she often reminds me through her heart-centered, selfless actions -- is an angel walking among humans.

Happy Mother's Day, Mamá! Thank you for your beautiful, infinite, unconditional love.

No comments: