Monday, June 27, 2011

100 things a day to be grateful for

To understand the power and the magic of gratitude, you have to experience it for yourself. So why not begin by deciding to find 100 things a day to be grateful for?

If you practice gratitude every day it won't take long before gratitude is your natural state of being, and when that happens you will have unlocked one of the greatest secrets to life.

- lessons from The Secret

We are "creatures of habit," after all. Gratitude is a beautiful and powerful habit to adopt. My maternal grandmother, Doris Cooper, always advised me, "Davi, my child, count your many blessings, name them one by one." I don't recall my grandmother ever having anything but a smile on her face. She obviously knew one of life's greatest secrets.

No comments: