Thursday, June 21, 2012

nature's positive effect

Researchers found that anything from a stroll in the park to a run through woodland can have a positive effect on people suffering from depression and anxiety. The study also showed that the positive effect on people's mental health was 50 per cent more than they might expect from going to the gym. The researchers at Glasgow University looked at natural and non-natural environments for physical activity, including walking, running and cycling, and found that being around trees and grass lowered brain stress levels.
Photo and source: The Telegraph

We have lots of gorgeous tropical nature here at Paya Bay to help soothe, nurture, and re-boot struggling, overwhelmed, exhausted psyches. I know from experience that a walk on our nature trails invariably lifts, brightens, and heals the soul. I don't think I've ever returned from a nature stroll without a genuine smile on my face and in my heart.

No comments: