Saturday, June 9, 2012

a lit-up, spinning disco ball

As I've noted in the righthand column of this blog, when faced with a challenging situation and in doubt, I often ask myself, "What would Silky do?" My Atlanta friend Scott "Silky" Hayes is a soul brother. A formidable man I deeply admire, love, and respect. One of the most angelic* people in my life. Someone I feel fortunate to consider a role model. His light shines bright with rays of love, compassion, caring, thoughtfulness, happiness, [mischief], [decadence], and a heartfelt and constant desire to always do what's right, what's good, what's ideal for all affected. Silky is a lit-up, spinning disco ball of good energy. He helps me truly understand how wonderful life is and that It's all good.

I've been having some WWSD? moments lately. I'm so happy and grateful I have a bright, beautiful, sunshiny, sunflower-filled North like Silky to help guide my compass. Your light, love, and friendship are such blessings, my brother!

*Let's just say one man's "angelic" may be another man's "infidel"!

No comments: