Tuesday, April 29, 2008

madonna


Some of you may have already noticed my infatuation with Madonna. Probably not too surprising, is it? (A fun gal at my former company in Atlanta calls her "Momma" because she says, "Hell, I grew up with her.") Momma saw me through my teen years, and has been present in my life for the nearly two decades since then. She's been the soundtrack of my life so far. I can't begin to tell you how many blissful moments I've experienced as her voice purred sexily in the background.

The amazing thing about this artist is that she has never grown stale. She reinvents herself constantly, which is nothing short of genius. She's taken the concept of "Change is the only constant" and enmeshed it in her life.

A common thread in her albums is: "Nobody's perfect." I think that is a great message, because, you know what, nobody is perfect. We would all save ourselves a good bit of disappointment if we approached life and relationships with that understanding, and toned down some of judgment we are so prone to cast upon the "imperfections" we think we see in others.

A cursory review of her life thus far is enough to make one realize that Madonna is also maximizing her human experience. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. She's certainly a shining example of self fulfillment, and -- particularly in that regard -- someone worth contemplating for emulation.

Her new album, Hard Candy, came out yesterday. She looks great and sounds awesome!

No comments: