Sunday, April 2, 2017

progressive vs conservative

Someone recently expressed discomfort with the progressive slant of the My Roatan blog. Specifically, this person wrote: "My wife and I were strongly considering coming back to your resort. But I would feel bad insulting your dignity and sense of superiority by asking you to accept any of our conservative Trump supporting money." In responding, I reminded this client that the blog specifically states "opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own," and that I have respectful and lively debates with conservative guests all the time. We agree to disagree. I live on the edge of the ocean. I can sense the sea level rising. My biggest gripe is with conservatives who claim global warming/climate change is a hoax. Donald Trump is one of those people. However, in an effort to be more "balanced," here are two men of arguably equal standing, one progressive and one conservative, having a respectful and lively debate about current issues in the political realm.

\

No comments: