Wednesday, October 13, 2010

quote of the day

There will be no constituent assembly. I do not think anyone could have the courage to dare to do what that deranged person did who is now living with all comforts in the Dominican Republic.

- Former (Interim) President of Honduras and National Democracy Hero, Roberto Micheletti

Source: El Heraldo

This is a shot across the bow of the Honduran leftists who are demanding a new constitution (they are, at most, 5% of the population).  Mr. Micheletti speaks for the other 95% percent of us who are quite happy with our current constitution and its term limit on the President. The prohibition against presidential reelection makes it virtually impossible for this country to fall under another dictatorship, particularly a socialist one. The effectiveness of our constitution against would-be dictators has shown quite clearly in June 2009 with the ouster of Manuel Zelaya (for illegally attempting to abort it and remain in power.) I have this to say about the Honduran Constitution: "If it works (in safeguarding our democracy and our republican form of government), don't mess with it."

In the immortal words of Mr. Micheletti: ¡Viva Honduras! ¡Viva Honduras! ...y... ¡Viva Honduras!

No comments: