Saturday, September 3, 2011

yummy, delicious, happy energy

You know, now that "extra" money is manifesting in my life, I'm finding that the thing that makes me happiest about money is giving it away. Not being frivolous, careless or unappreciative about it, but rather using whatever I feel is "extra" to help the many people I see around me that are SO drastically less fortunate than I am. The mixed reaction of surprise and gratitude I see in people's eyes and faces when I open my wallet and hand them a five, ten, or twenty dollar bill they were not expecting is indescribably gratifying. It gives me chills and goosebumps every time. I find myself grinning from ear to ear for hours afterwards. I don't recall any purchase I've ever made of something material resulting in such an intense rush of yummy, delicious, happy energy. This is particularly true if I perceive the monetary gift was really needed. Awareness combined with empathy and generosity is a natural "drug." Who knew?! Now I know what Bill and Melinda Gates smoke in their "crack pipe."

The infinite abundance of the Universe is mine (and yours).

No comments: