Friday, October 31, 2008

wait... isn't this...? huh...?


Evangelical Christians "praying for the markets" in NYC yesterday. While intellectually I understand their intent here, and I do believe that intention and focused thought can accomplish some pretty nifty things (so why not move the markets, right?), there is something very disconcerting about this particular choice of venue. I mean, isn't this the symbol of the runaway greed that got us in this mess in the first place? It's going to take me a day or two to wrap my mind around this one. Definitely a Hmmmr.
via wonkette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is very disturbing. Doesn’t the religious right read their Bible? Or is it just another passage/section they decided to interpret the meaning, to meet their needs at this particular moment?