Saturday, January 2, 2010

let's strive for more ubuntu in 2010

Ubuntu is about the essence of being human, it is part of the gift that Africa will give the world. It embraces hospitality, caring about others, being able to go the extra mile for the sake of others. We believe that a person is a person through another person, that my humanity is caught up, bound up, inextricably, with yours. When I dehumanize you, I inexorably dehumanize myself. The solitary human being is a contradiction in terms and therefore you seek to work for the common good because your humanity comes into its own in belonging.

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

I extend best wishes to everyone for a happy, peaceful, and prosperous 2010.  May the experiences of each day of this year bring you closer to self-fulfillment and increase your understanding of how to live in the Magic of Life.

No comments: