Hugo Chávez, the Venezuelan president, has deployed a brutal persecution against Honduras, a small Central American nation, with great social inequality and government corruption. It all started when Manuel Zelaya, one of his pupils and whose election campaign he financed, was ousted from power.
Chávez has reacted with all his strength and international influence. He devoted all public and formal events to verbally attack and threaten Honduras. It appears that he is in a fight against time. So the countries of the world and analysts have begun to ask: Why is Hugo Chávez in such a hurry?
- He had the OAS condemn [and suspend] Honduras, pressing his friend Jose Miguel Insulza [the Secretary General of the OAS]
- He constantly called the presidents of countries in the region to take action against Honduras and made sure the topic was not dropped in the media. This has resulted in interventions by Cristina Kirshner (Argentina), Rafael Correa (Ecuador), Evo Morales (Bolivia), among others.
- He pays millions to protesters, union leaders, and military elements to riot in Honduras.
- He introduced 5,000 guerrillas in Honduras (with false passports delivered by President Zelaya). The troublemakers were from Venezuela, Cuba and Nicaragua.
- He financed and directed the operation to try to reinstate Zelaya in a Venezuelan plane, a military operation called "Swarm of Bees."
- He recently coined the phrase "bloodbath" and urged other presidents to mention that phrase to terrorize the people of Honduras. Michelle Bachelet of Chile, Fernando Lugo of Paraguay and Daniel Ortega of Nicaragua have begun using this phrase.
- He financed travel, lodging, and a private jet for the overthrown Zelaya.
- He has pressed the President of the United States to take more drastic action against Honduras.
Some have speculated that it is love for and the prestige of ALBA (the socialist movement that he is pushing), others say there is oil in northern Honduras and he wants to have the right to exploit it.
No sir, this is THE TRUTH about what Hugo Chávez is looking for in Honduras:
Chávez has become the biggest drug trafficker in the Americas according to the Congress of the United States. How has he done that? The real business in drug trafficking is not selling drugs, but rather having "drug routes." The person who has a route has a truly multi-million dollar drug-trafficking business.
Well, Hugo Chávez developed in Honduras the PERFECT DRUG ROUTE to distribute the drugs coming from Bolivia and Colombia (FARC) to the Mexican Cartels, and finally to its destination in the United States.
This is the reason he is in such a HURRY! Honduras was the MAIN DRUG BRIDGE. Fourteen planes with Venezuelan flags landed in Honduras (with drugs and money) in recent months. [And these are only the ones that were detected.]
What Hugo Chávez lost in Honduras was "the most important DRUG ROUTE in the Americas" with earnings of more than $100 million monthly.
This flow of drugs is the financial arm of ALBA. So, at this time, Chavez has no source of income to finance ALBA. It's that simple, and thus his BRUTAL ATTACK on Honduras.
May the world know.
Wow. What Garret is suggesting all adds up and makes sense.
A question for American citizens: Are you okay with your government siding with actors against which the above could even be alleged?
|Take action! We need to let world opinion know what really is happening in Honduras. Please send a link to this blog post to your friends and family. The URL is |