Monday, July 6, 2009

good omen

Yesterday afternoon we had a unique and exciting event here at Paya Bay! I was up on the main decks greeting some friends who had just come in. We were sitting outside under the trellis. Suddenly, I felt the breeze pick up, get a few degrees cooler, and looking to the East I saw rain coming dancing on the water toward us. I realized we were about to have a "July squall," so I rushed everyone inside. In a matter of minutes the rain was on top of us. The squall must have been just one cloud, because it was over in literally ten minutes. Then, as the rain started to taper off and the sunshine return, a vibrantly colored rainbow appeared in the sky right over the bay!

The cherry on the pie was that the right 'arm' of the rainbow appeared to be 'touching' Paya Bay's Big Beach near the 'Paz y Democracia' (Peace & Democracy) sign we made in the sand! If that isn't a good omen, I don't know what is!

Paya Bay can be magical like that.

I'm happy and grateful now that everything goes right for Honduras.

No comments: